St. Spyridon Greek Orthodox Church
New York, New York (United States)
Job ID: 49568
Job Views: 4340
Location: New York, NY
Zip Code: 10033
Job Category: Admin-Clerical
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: per month
New York, NY
The Office Coordinator is responsible for performing a variety of administrative functions in the Church office under direct supervision of the Parish Council, assisting them in all areas as follows:
- Sort and route incoming mail to the appropriate individual, committee or group.
- Answer telephone in a professional and courteous manner. Relay messages to the Parish Council and the Priest.
- Assist in informing the priest of births, deaths, illnesses, relocations, new members, or of anyone in need of pastoral assistance.
- Keep the church office organized and maintain a physical system as well as a digital filing system.
- Maintain a Parish Calendar of Events that is coordinated with the school calendar.
- Produce with the Priest, print and mail a weekly bulletin and quarterly newsletter.
- Receive and forward, to the appropriate treasurer, monies from stewardship, sacraments, donations, or any other church fees. Provide receipts/acknowledgements to donors.
- Keep an active and current account in the Parish Data System of all current stewards and new stewards for communication and mailing purposes.
- Type routine correspondence and reports.
- Communicate with the Archdiocese regarding all sacraments. Maintain accurate records of all sacraments in the appropriate logs, etc.
- Provide assistance in the coordination of all special events for the Parish Council.
- Maintain candle inventory and arrange for pick-up / delivery.
- Communicate and coordinate with the cleaning team.
- Maintain office supplies. Keep copy machine serviced and updated.
- Advertise, create, print and mail the annual Community Pascha and Christmas Cards.
- Maintain a tidy and welcoming office.
- Follow and affirm church policies and procedures.
- Maintain strict confidentially in dealing with sensitive issues including Stewardship. Respect the privacy of those who come for counsel, confession or to see the Priest.
- Oversee: contractors-workmen- Routine maintenance on equipment. (Ice Machine- HVAC Filters)
- Proficient in English and Greek, some knowledge of Spanish.
- Possess computer skills including word processing, data entry, spreadsheet, graphics and QuickBooks.
- Ability and willingness to effectively learn and use new software acquired by the church.
- Possess good communication/inter-personal skills with a variety of people.
- Able to comprehend oral and written instruction.
- Respectful of others and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess organizational skills.
- Possess good telephone etiquette.