Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
New York, NY
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America is a religious not-for-profit organization. “The mission of the Archdiocese is to proclaim the Gospel of Christ, to teach and spread the Orthodox Christian Faith, to energize, cultivate, and guide the life of the Church in the United States of America according to the Orthodox Christian Faith and Tradition”. There are 9 “dioceses” with employees who are residents in multiple states.
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America is seeking a part-time Compensation Specialist with significant payroll experience. The expected hours per month are 65-80. This position could grow in the future and include other tasks of compensation and benefits to meet the needs of the organization.
Compensation is a shared service function for approximately 125+ employees across multiple states. Effective payroll administration and its related complexity is essential to the overall health of the compensation and benefits function.
Areas of Responsibilities
Payroll Administration (60% of time)
Ensure efficient and accurate payroll administration:
- Execution of a semi-monthly payroll
- Lead /assist multiple end-of-year tasks to produce correct W2s, 1099s, tax records and reports
Maintenance and Reporting (40% of time)
- Update the payroll platform regularly
- Maintain payroll tax records, employee records
- Manage all employee paid time off (PTO) and overtime; provide reports as needed
Travel is not required for this position
- Bachelor’s degree required (human resources or organizational development major is a plus)
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- 2+ years of experience in a multi-state employer environment
- Full understanding and proven capability to comply with federal and multiple state labor employment tax laws.
- Greek language skill is a plus.
Attributes and Skill Sets
- Excellent organizational skills
- Consistent attention to detail
- Demonstrate professionalism:
- Possess appropriate confidentiality decision making with data, information and people
- Work effectively up, down and across the organization
- Solid verbal and written skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams to produce quality work.
Compensation and Benefits
The Greek Archdiocese of America offers leave packages that are competitive and increase with tenure and position. In addition, this position is eligible to contribute to the pension plan and 403b retirement plan.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com