Intern - Initiatives on Homelessness
New York, NY
The Department of Inter-Orthodox, Ecumenical and Interfaith Relations of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America seeks an unpaid intern for the Spring 2020 semester to support the current initiatives of the Department on homelessness.
- Undergraduate college student or recent graduate, based in New York City and/or surrounding metropolitan areas;
- Studies: Humanities, Social Sciences, Social Work or a similar area of study with a strong interest in international and domestic service;
- Interested in service and ministry in the Eastern Orthodox Christian Church;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language with strong verbal and written skills;
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to organize data well on online platforms
The intern will report to the Director and Coordinator of Programs of the Department
- Create, organize and publish a comprehensive directory of Orthodox Christian Ministries working on homelessness in America;
- Support the work of the working groups of the Orthodox Christians Ministries on Homelessness network;
- Support the planning of a conference on homelessness;
- Raise awareness on all Department initiatives on homelessness.
Time Commitment: Part-time, 20 hours a week
Start Date: Immediate
Please email a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com
The Department of Inter-Orthodox, Ecumenical and Interfaith Relations of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America is tasked with cultivating professional relationships with faith-based organizations, academic institutions, and NGOs. It coordinates the ecumenical and interfaith dialogues of the Archdiocese on a national level and is responsible for pan-Orthodox activities through the Office of the Chairman of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the USA. Learn more on our website: ecumenical.goarch.org.