Department of Internet Ministries
Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
The Department of Internet Ministries of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America is looking to hire a full-time Software Developer.
The Software Developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of new and existing applications and products provided by the department. This person will be responsible for working both independently and with a creative team by participating in all aspects of the application development process: planning, design, coding, testing, deployment, support, and evaluation. The candidate will work on a wide range of tasks, from simple to complex in nature.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain existing web, mobile, and smart device applications with periodic updates, security patches, and feature enhancements
- Create new web, mobile, and smart device applications as needed
- Participate in application development process with co-workers
- Create and Maintain internal and external documentation for products
- Work with clients on technical support issues
- Recommend and plan new systems or modifications of existing systems
- Prepare periodic reports as needed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Excellent communications and project management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience as a full-stack developer
- Experience developing mobile apps on iOS and Android platforms
- Working knowledge of the Orthodox Church, its hierarchy, and its liturgical cycle
About the Department of Internet Ministries
The Department of Internet Ministries, a national ministry of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, is committed to following the commandment of our Lord Jesus Christ who said: “Go into all the world and proclaim the good news to the whole creation” (Mark 16.15). Therefore, our staff is dedicated to utilizing the medium of computers and the Internet for the proclamation of the Good News of the Gospel and for the advancement of Orthodox Christian ministry. This position is located on the campus of Hellenic College Holy Cross School of Theology at 50 Goddard Ave. in Brookline, MA. To learn more about the Department of Internet Ministries, please visit internet.goarch.org.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter via email to email@example.com .