Dean of the Greek Orthodox School of Theology, Hellenic College Holy Cross, Brookline, MA
Hellenic College Holy Cross (HCHC) seeks a dynamic Dean of the Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology.
The School of Theology serves as the theological center of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. The School’s primary purpose is to prepare men for the priesthood and for educating men and women for leadership positions in the Orthodox Christian Church, the professions, and society. The seminary component is an unquestionable imperative as it defines HCHC’s distinctive character and is the only program in the United States that prepares priests for the Greek Orthodox Church.
The Dean provides vigorous academic and administrative leadership required for achieving the highest standards of educational quality. The Dean exhibits the highest priority for academic excellence in support of faculty and students. The Dean executes these position responsibilities in concert with the faculty, supporting them in achieving excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service.
The Dean serves an important role as ambassador for the School, representing graduate programs and the seminary in the life of HCHC and externally.
The Dean’s interactions with students are of the utmost importance for nurturing and mentoring them to realize their academic goals and their intellectual, religious, moral, and psychological maturity. The Dean is instrumental in building a collegial community reflective of the HCHC’s Orthodox Christian mission, values, and theological commitments. The Dean is expected to relate collegially and effectively with faculty, staff, and students as well as visitors and representatives of different denominations.
This is a full-time/twelve-month position reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Dean normally teaches one course per semester. Appointment is expected to commence July 1, 2021.
- PhD or equivalent from an accredited college/university with a degree in theological studies or a related discipline
- A record of exemplary teaching, scholarship, and service
- Accomplished senior scholar in the New Testament
- A canonical Orthodox Christian, preferably a priest
- Successful academic leadership experience for graduate education, preferred
- Earned rank of professor with tenure at an accredited institution, preferred
- Understanding of the intersection of faith and intellect in curricular offerings
- Familiarity with disciplinary accreditation, preferably with the Association of Theological Schools
- Commitment to and understanding of the Orthodox Christian mission of HCHC
Please send application materials to email@example.com. Application materials must include a cover letter that addresses position requirements and a current curriculum vitae.
Position is open until filled. Screening of applications begins March 1, 2021. Applications received after the screening date may be considered at the discretion of the institution.
Hellenic College Holy Cross is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A diverse Workforce and an Inclusive Culture is Valued