Special Assistant to the Dean
About Hellenic College Holy Cross:
Hellenic College Holy Cross (HCHC) is the intellectual, educational, and spiritual formation center of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, stimulating, developing, and sustaining ordained and lay vocations for service to Church and society.
- Provides research and analysis to prepare briefing materials for the Dean. Manages multiple tasks with competing deadlines. Responds to routine and non-routine inquiries regarding the College, the academic operations, and policies and procedures. Forwards situations and issues presented by staff, faculty, and external constituents to appropriate person/people for follow-up and resolution.
- Provides administrative and technical assistance on a wide range of special projects as assigned by Dean.
- Makes high level contacts of a sensitive nature regarding all internal and external issues requiring a high degree of discretion, diplomacy, and time sensitivity. Per the Dean, understands the department’s goals and priorities in order to prioritize issues according to urgency.
- Directs the daily administrative operations of the Dean’s office; functions as a work and project leader to direct and oversee assignments for the Dean’s office, receptionist, and work study student assistants. Functions as a gatekeeper to assure prioritization of the Dean’s time. Responds to a wide variety of inquiries from faculty and staff. Uses multiple computer applications to support key administrative functions. Manages the Dean’s task list to follow up activities to assure timely completion of projects. Shares with the Dean primary responsibility for managing and scheduling the Dean’s calendar. Collects and prepares information for use in discussions, meetings of executive management and external individuals.
- Works cooperatively with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) to assure smooth academic operations.
- Drafts briefing documents for the Dean, as well as correspondence, and works on other communications projects. Develops and manages a database of contacts, initiatives and assignments. Records minutes or notes of meetings as required.
- Functions as a resource to other faculty and staff; provides coaching and training to ensure situations and issues are appropriately managed as well as forwarded to appropriate staff members for resolution.
- Prepares teaching contracts for faculty and adjunct instructors as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced technical and computer skills to support administrative functions including MS Office Suite with emphasis on Power Point, Excel, and database skills; electronic calendar management; videoconferencing applications such as Fuze, etc.; and email applications
- Excellent project management skills; strong attention to detail; ability to multi-task with demanding deadlines
- Excellent writing skills with excellent editing and proofreading ability
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills using sound judgement within policy parameters
- High quality customer service skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Advising and counseling skills
- Ability to use discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Diplomacy; Professional Appearance and Demeanor; Excellent Attendance Required
- Bachelors Degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Project Management training a plus
- Basic Modern Greek Language a plus
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hellenic College is an equal opportunity employer.
A diverse workforce and an inclusive culture is valued.