Network Administrator and Technological Support Specialist
Holy Trinity Monastery and Seminary is an institution with complex technological needs requiring a wide range of skills to maintain daily operational functionality. Applicants will be expected to have a deep mastery of hardware and software troubleshooting, website maintenance, computer network maintenance, security hardware and software deployment and maintenance, and basic familiarity with a wide range of other auxiliary disciplines. Applicants will be expected to be motivated, self-organizing, and professional individuals who have a passion and curiosity for technology. The successful applicant will be a capable communicator, as he will be acting as a liaison on the behalf of the institution for communication with third-party hardware specialists, service providers, and hardware sales personnel.
- Hardware and software troubleshooting, upgrading, maintenance, and repair of Macs and PCs.
- Knowledge and familiarity with hard drive replacement, RAM upgrading, and basic hardware troubleshooting of computers on these platforms
- Knowledge of and familiarity with contemporary Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux operating systems, as well as common mobile platforms (iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone systems)
- Knowledge of and familiarity with common applications commonly used on the aforementioned platforms, including security/antivirus/antimalware software, productivity software, and native applications
- Networking hardware configuration, troubleshooting, upgrading, maintenance, and deployment
- Wired and wireless routers, switches, and bridges
- Wired and wireless Ethernet media, including Ethernet cabling, fiber optics, and wireless technologies
- VoIP, SIP, and POTS phone technologies and telephony deployment and maintenance
- Familiarity with enterprise network security hardware
- Firewall maintenance and policy deployment
- Ability to read and interpret firewall logs for the purposes of troubleshooting and network maintenance
- Communication skills for ascertaining client needs, maintaining contact with third-party specialists, communicating with sales personnel and service providers, and maintaining relations with local maintenance staff
- General familiarity with website CMS usage
- Basic familiarity with productivity/office applications
- Spreadsheets for developing accurate cost proposals for upgrades and deployments
Job experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years working in a tech support and/or network administration position, or equivalent experience
Interested applicants should send an email to email@example.com with their resume and a cover letter.