Director of Development
The Orthodox Christian Leadership Initiative is seeking an energetic, highly motivated, and experienced individual with a proven track record to serve as its first Director of Development. The Director of Development will plan and implement a comprehensive development program. The position will report to the Executive Director and will work closely with staff and the Board of Directors Generosity Committee in managing fundraising initiatives to support increased engagement with the pan-Orthodox community and becoming the prominent resource in leadership development for Orthodox Christians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements a comprehensive fundraising plan for major gifts, endowment, foundation and government grants, corporate sponsorship, special events, membership, planned giving, and annual fund campaigns.
- Actively cultivates and nurtures donor relationships with current and potential supporters for revenue growth and increased investment.
- Recruits and supports volunteers for purposes of development.
- Oversees the planning and execution of fundraising, member, and donor events.
- Oversees management of the donor database, gift processing and donor acknowledgement, and financial reporting.
- Clearly articulates need for philanthropy and promotes the Orthodox Christian Leadership Initiative to existing and new audiences to generate interest and support for the organization.
- Increases visibility in community through outreach efforts and partnerships.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in development with proven track record of fundraising success.
- A passion for and understanding of the organization’s mission and the ability to articulate its values and vision internally and externally.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and an engaging communication style.
- Creative, self-starter attitude and ability to develop and implement creative fundraising strategies.
- Working knowledge of non-profit fundraising best practices, trends, tools, and technology.
- Tact and discretion, attention to detail, and a commitment to excellence.
- Excellent time management and flexibility with job duties.
- Ability to recruit, inspire, and manage volunteers for development initiatives.
- Computer skills and knowledge of software and tools such as MS Office, Constant Contact, donor management systems, and social media.
Occasional travel to meet with prospects and attend events. Working occasional nights or weekends. Ability to lift, carry, and/or move up to twenty-five pounds unassisted. Visual acuity to see and read paper documents; hear conversation and respond to verbal instructions.
Part-time – 10 hours per week
Flexible schedule and remote work
Send cover letter, resume, and three professional work references to: firstname.lastname@example.org “Director of Development” should be placed in the subject line. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.