The Greek Orthodox Cathedral of St John the Theologian
Tenafly, NJ 07670
Part-Time Office Administrative Assistant
To implement the vision, direction and policies as established by the Parish Priest and Parish Council in meeting the mission statement of the Cathedral of St. John the Theologian.
Function of Work:
This position reports to the senior office manager to assist in the day-to-day administrative duties of the parish under the direction of the Parish Priest and in support of the Parish Council.
20-25 hours a week . Salary commensurate with experience
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Retrieve, coordinate, and disseminate all phone inquiries for Parish Priest and Senior Office Manager
- Respond and resolve member inquiries in a timely manner
- Proficient typing skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Proficient in Greek, preferred
- Act as the primary liaison between the parish office and our parishioners
- Update, maintain and safeguard centralized area of parish records
- Data entry of the parish information management system
- Maintain a neat and presentable office
- Maintain our administrative relationship with the Metropolis and Archdiocesan offices to ensure timely compliance with all requirements
Communications and Parishioner Services
- Provide confidential and quality service to parishioners who are in need of pastoral care through empathic listening skills and timely referral to the Parish Priest or other pertinent ministry group leaders
- Assist in the publication and distribution of parish newsletters, bulletins, and other communications and church documents
- Maintain membership database
- Maintain the parish calendar (including the online calendar on the Cathedral’s website).
- Assist the Parish Council in coordinating the work and activities of the ministry team leaders
- Maintains the confidentiality of financial and other sensitive information
Interested applicants should contact George Tsougarakis, firstname.lastname@example.org, 917-574-3737.