St. Michael the Archangel Russian Orthodox Church
Qualifications and Skills
Must be able to work independently; with limited day-to-day guidance or monitoring. Must be able to communicate in both oral and written form; read, understand and follow instructions, schedules and safety label directions. Must be able to lift, push, pull and move equipment, supplies, etc. up to 50 pounds. Must be able to make minor repairs.
Must successfully pass a criminal background check
Preference to candidates who live in close proximity and/or have ability to get to church promptly if needed.
The sexton’s immediate supervisor is the Council President. Sexton may also receive direction from the Pastor.
- Open and close the church on Sundays and Feast Days as needed. Perform assigned tasks during the period.
- Open and close church for special services, including funerals, weddings and baptisms as needed. Assigned tasks include: coordinate funeral director arrivals with pastor, schedule to receive flowers for funerals and weddings. Tidy up church after funerals and weddings.
- Assist the priest in Baptism preparation.
- Snow removal. Clear and salt sidewalks when light snow falls for which there is no third party contractor. After third party snow removal, salt sidewalks, if needed, prior to scheduled church services.
- Perform light maintenance/repairs of church and Sunday School with approval of Property Committee.
- Report maintenance issues to Parish Council President or Property Committee.
- Open and close the church for vendors contracted to perform maintenance services.
- If appropriate, assist the Priest in maintaining the Altar area of the church.
Time commitment not defined.
$15 per hour paid monthly.
Candidates should send letter of interest with references to firstname.lastname@example.org.