The case manager is responsible for identifying, coordinating and implementing efforts to assist residents through case management, advocacy, and other related services. This includes assessing barriers, applying for appropriate benefits and providing linkages to other supportive services. The case manager monitors progress toward goals, objectives and plans and maintains appropriate and thorough file documentation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accompany new residents to the May Dugan Center for an assessment
- Develop, with residents, an individual support plan including goals, objectives, and action steps to address identified barriers
- Establish program expectations with residents and monitor compliance
- Regularly meet with residents to review progress against plans and modify plans as needed to support positive outcomes
- Identify supportive services needed by residents in order to achieve goals and provide support to access those services. This includes housing, job training, educational resources, SUD counseling, treatment and therapy for mental illness, and medical care, and other needed services. Accompany residents to appointments as needed.
- Maintain excellent and frequent communication with St. Herman’s staff and staff of partnering agencies, to ensure that all appropriate persons are informed of residents’ progress, needs, etc.
- Initiate crisis intervention when needed
- Prepare and maintain case notes and resident files that document efforts. Maintain accurate and timely documentation on time usage for billing purposes.
- Meet established productivity standards
- Prepare periodic reports analyzing individual and program outcomes
- Contact former residents for up to 1 year after departure, in order to document and track mid-term outcomes
- As time allows, meet with non-residents who come to St. Herman’s for meals and basic needs and provide linkages to the services they need
- Other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Social Work License in Ohio
- Minimum three years case management experience, preferably with the homeless or other population with similar needs
- Excellent computer skills
- Driver’s license, insurance, and good driving record
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish good rapport and trust with a diversity of clients
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices & interventions
- Strong organizational & time management abilities
- Knowledge of community resources
- Crisis intervention skills
- Commitment to St. Herman’s mission, culture and values
Hours: 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be necessary to accommodate the schedules of our residents.
Benefits: Paid holidays, sick leave & vacation; employer-sponsored health insurance.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.