Theophany School Teacher
Theophany School offers a multi-age learning experience with small class sizes, an engaging curriculum, community partnerships, all in a loving Christian environment for children in the Greater Boston area. Our current programs include: a 3 day, 4 day, or 5 day 18 month- 2.9 program, 3-day and 5-day Preschool classes, and a full-day Pre-k and Kindergarten. Theophany School and its staff are fully-licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Early Education and Care (EEC).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend to children's basic needs by feeding them, dressing them, soothing them, educating them and assisting toileting them.
- Establish and enforce good behavior and procedures for maintaining order.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems, and discusses them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Be responsible for developing curriculum to help in the education and development of the children.
- Possess good communication skills and ability to work as a team member
- Positive, can-do attitude is a must
- Associate’s Degree or higher, preferably in a related field; EEC certification a must, lead teacher certified is highly desired
- Understanding of developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood education and the ability to use it in the classroom.
- Must meet state requirements for education and additional center requirements may apply
- Ability to respond appropriately in an emergency required
- Ability to be flexible in work assignment and work hours required · CPR/First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain desired
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
To apply, send an email with attached resume and cover letter to email@example.com