Saints Peter and Paul Greek Orthodox Church
Saints Peter and Paul Greek Orthodox Church in Glenview, IL is seeking a Youth Director who will lead the development and execution of the Youth and Young Adult Ministries of the parish. The Youth Director intentionally facilitates a holistic connection to Christ and to the community of Saints Peter and Paul. This is a full-time position with benefits.
The Parish Youth Director of Saints Peter and Paul (SSPP) Greek Orthodox Church in Glenview, IL is responsible for the development and execution of the Youth and Young Adult Ministries of the parish. The Youth Director will work in collaboration with the clergy, parish staff, ministry leaders, athletics director, parent volunteers, vendors, and the youth to facilitate a robust youth program. The Youth Director reports directly to the SSPP Head Priest.
- Baptized or chrismated Orthodox Christian.
- Orthodox theological training and/or bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university with a background in Religious Studies is preferred. Consideration is offered to those with significant experience and training in other areas.
- The Youth Director must have and/or complete youth worker training through the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience leading and facilitating youth programming in a ministry setting
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Project and task management experience
- Strong event planning skills
- Basic to intermediate computer software, design, and social media skills
- Ability to relate to and work with many different personalities
- Excellent empathetic listening skills
- Comfort and experience facilitating discussions
- Comfort and experience articulating matters of the Orthodox faith to young people
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Form deep and meaningful relationships with the youth of SSPP.
- Maintain, further develop, administer, implement, and evaluate the existing youth and young adult ministries of SSPP including:
- Hope (0-4yo)
- Faith Love & Joy (K-5th grade)
- /Sr GOYA (6th-12th grade)
- GOYA Alumni (College)
- YAL (post-college)
- Oversee the volunteer leaders of the following ministries and ensuring their successful development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Church School
- Christmas Pageant
- Oratorical Festival
- Manage the logistics of the athletic program of SSPP in collaboration with the Athletic Director. Attend athletics practices and games throughout the season and the annual Memorial Day weekend Junior Olympics.
- Plan and conduct the Religion Class for the Agape Preschool on Thursday mornings from September through May.
- Attend 2-3 weeks of Fanari summer camp for which the majority of SSPP youth are in attendance.
- Be present in the lives of the youth and their families when possible and appropriate, including but not limited to attending school sports games, school plays/concerts, and graduations.
- Maintain and update the various social media outlets of SSPP for Youth and Young Adult Ministries.
- Other parish duties as needed.
- The Youth Director requires a flexible work schedule and ability to work nights and weekends. During peak programming times, 50 hours per week can be expected. A flex schedule is encouraged during weeks the Youth Director works extended hours.
- Youth Director is expected to attend SSPP for Sunday Divine Liturgy.
Those interested should send a resume and CV to email@example.com for consideration.