Saint George Orthodox Church of Montreal
555-575, rue Jean-Talon Est
Montreal (Quebec) H2R 1T8
Phone: +1 514-276-8533
Full-time Orthodox Parish Youth Director
This person will work with Pre-Teens, Teens, Young Adults, Church School Staff, Teachers and Students, and Adult Volunteers under the direction of the Pastor.
Requirements of candidates for this position:
- A minimum education of a bachelor’s degree.
- Orthodox Christian Theological training (certificate – at least 2-year college level) – Orthodox master’s degree preferred.
- Orthodox Parish Youth Work Experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Speaking knowledge of French and Arabic helpful.
- This person must have the ability and experience working with youth and adults alike
- Willing to work evenings, weekends, as well as days as needed (minimum of 40 hours per week).
- Must be willing to submit to full background check for working with youth.
- Must also receive and maintain the approval of the Pastor and the local Bishop to perform this ministry.
Oversee all youth programs in the Parish under the direction of the pastor, such as, but not limited to:
- Church School
- Teen SOYO
- Young Adult Ministry
- Work in Cooperation with the Parish Mentoring Director
- Pre-Teen and Teen recruiting, educating, and training for Diocesan Bible Bowl Competition
- Teen recruiting and preparing candidates for Diocesan Oratorical
- Answer phones and make phone calls and help in the office when needed
This position will require recruiting, training, and overseeing both Adult Youth Volunteers, Young Adults, Teen Leaders, Teen Members and Pre-Teens. This person must be willing to work independently and have strong speaking and writing skills, as well as leadership skills.
Candidates for this position should send their CV (Resume) with complete contact information and clear photo of their face to FrJoseph@SaintGeorgeMontreal.org Please direct all questions to V. Rev. Dr. Joseph F Purpura.